A subscription is available for $11.
Payment can be made by PayPal or Credit Card. Download links will be sent by email. Please provide a reliable email address when making the payment.
Note: If you don’t receive the email within 2 hours, please check your Spam/Junk folder and send me an email. You can add my email address to your address book, so that future emails are not marked as Spam.
- ISO images are available for 64-bit Intel/AMD systems.
- 32-bit systems and ARM are not supported.
- ISOs are tested to work on BIOS and UEFI systems in both offline and online mode (with or without internet connection). If you face an issue with installation you can let me know.
- EFI installation was tested in a virtual machine. You may face issues depending on the hardware you are running it on. There are various issues reported by users when installing Ubuntu 18.04 on specific laptop models from Dell, HP, etc. If the official Ubuntu ISOs work for you then Umix will work as well.
- Installing in EFI mode with secure-boot enabled is expected to work, but is untested. If the Ubuntu ISOs work for you then Umix will work as well.
If you have a Broadcom WiFi card, your WiFi should work out-of-the-box.
- The price of subscription is for the work involved in putting the distribution together. If you don’t wish to pay for it, you can download the official Ubuntu ISO and customise it to your liking. There are many tutorials online for doing this. There are even some Unity-based distributions available. Purchasing a subscription saves you the time and effort of creating your own distribution.
- The “Full” edition is recommended for most users. It includes most apps that you will need to get work done. The “Mini” edition is for people who wish to install their own choice of apps after installing the system.
- Refreshed ISO files with updated packages will be available every 6 months (in April and October). This saves time after installation, as fewer updates need to be downloaded.
- ISO files are hosted on Google Drive. Please provide a reliable email address when purchasing the subscription. It is not possible for me to provide torrents or alternative download links.
- This distribution is provided “as-is” without any support or warranty. Since Umix is based on Ubuntu 18.04, any issues you face will be common to Ubuntu, and you can find a solution by searching online. If you find any issues that are specific to this distribution, feel free to send me an email.
- There is no need to reinstall when new ISOs are released for Umix. You can keep your system updated by installing updates. Since it’s based on Ubuntu 18.04 you will continue to receive updates from the official Ubuntu repositories till 2023.