A single-user licence for Ukuu is available for $12. This is a one-time payment that includes future updates, and is valid for lifetime. Payment can be made by PayPal or Credit Card.
Ukuu Personal Licence
Single-user licence with lifetime validity. Includes future updates.
You will receive an email with installation steps within 30 minutes of making the payment. In case you didn’t receive the email, there is no need to panic. Send me an email (teejeetech at gmail dot com) and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: Remember to check your Spam/Junk folder. Some email providers have aggressive filters that mark all emails as spam unless the sender is known to the recipient.
Terms & Conditions
- The app is licensed under the terms of this EULA. This is a standard EULA that allows you to use the app, but does not allow re-distribution and re-selling.
- The personal licence is per-user rather than per-machine. You are welcome to use it on any number of machines where you are the primary user, including at work.
- Using this app in a business environment requires as many licences as the number of people using it.
- Your licence will be sent to the email address you provide when making the payment. Please provide a reliable email address.
- Refunds are available within 30 days from purchase. Please send me an email if you are not happy with the app and wish to claim a refund.
- This app is meant for use only on Ubuntu-based distributions as it installs kernels that are built with Ubuntu-specific patches. This includes distributions like Xubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary OS, Pop OS, etc.
- Debian and Debian-based distributions are not supported.
- All Ubuntu releases from 16.04 LTS (Xenial) and later are supported. This includes distributions based on Ubuntu 16.04 such as Linux Mint 18. Older releases of Ubuntu and their derivatives are not supported.
- 64-bit and 32-bit packages are available for Intel and AMD systems. It is not available for ARM.
- An APT repository is available for receiving updates
- Ubuntu’s Live patch service is only for official kernels and does not work with mainline kernels
- This app cannot be used on containerised/virtualized systems where the kernel is shared by multiple container instances.
- Mainline kernels are unsigned and cannot be used along with secure-boot unless you sign it with your own key. The steps involved are complicated and may not be easy for most users. It is recommended to keep secure boot disabled if you wish to use mainline kernels.
- Mainline kernels do not support ZFS due to legal issues. Use the official Ubuntu kernels if you need ZFS support.