A single-user licence for Aptik is currently available for $25. This is a one-time payment that includes future updates. Payment can be made by PayPal or Credit Card.
Aptik Personal Licence
Single-user licence with perpetual validity. Includes future updates.
You will receive an email with installation steps within 30 minutes of making the payment. In case you didn’t receive the email, there is no need to panic. Send me an email (teejeetech at gmail dot com) and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Note: Remember to check your Spam (Junk) folder if you don’t receive the email in your Inbox.
Terms & Conditions
- The app is licenced under the terms of this EULA. This is a standard EULA that allows you to use the app, but does not allow re-distribution and re-selling.
- The personal licence is per-user rather than per-machine. You are welcome to use it on any number of machines where you are the primary user, including at work.
- Using this app in a business environment requires as many licences as the number of people using it.
- Your licence will be sent to the email address you provide when making the payment. Please provide a reliable email address.
- Refunds are available within 30 days from purchase. Please send me an email if you are not happy with the app and wish to claim a refund.
Supported Operating Systems
- This app is meant for use on Debian-based and Ubuntu-based Linux distributions. This includes distributions like Xubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary OS, Pop OS, etc.
- Debian 9 (Stretch) and Debian 10 (Buster) are supported
- All Ubuntu releases from 16.04 LTS (Xenial) and later are supported. This includes distributions based on Ubuntu 16.04 such as Linux Mint 18+. Older releases of Ubuntu and their derivatives are not supported.
- ArchLinux / Manjaro / Fedora / SUSE and other non-Debian distros are not supported.
- 64-bit packages (amd64) are available for Intel & AMD systems (x86).
- 32-bit systems (Intel & AMD) are not supported
- 64-bit (arm64) and 32-bit (armhf) packages are available for ARM systems. This includes Raspbian, Raspberry Pi OS, Debian, Armbian, and Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi 4 and Odroid N2.
Installation & Updates
- An APT repository is available for installation and updates
Known Issues & Limitations
- Wayland display server is not supported. Support will be added once Wayland matures and becomes default in Ubuntu and other major distributions. If you are running a “GNOME on Wayland” session, you need to login to a “GNOME on Xorg” session to use the GUI app. The commandline version can be used with Wayland as it doesn’t connect to a display server.
- Active directory (AD) and network user accounts are not supported. You need to be logged-in with a local user account to use this application. The backup and restore actions in the app are for local user accounts on the system.