Timeshift v18.8 is now available.
- #196 Fixed a typo
- #191 Don’t exclude /var/spool
- Add makepot file
- Launcher: Explicitly pass DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY to pkexec
- Use -O3 optimization when compiling with gcc
- #278 Increased the width of Setup Wizard window
- Fixed: Unencrypted partionless disk could not be used as backup device
- Added support for using F2FS and ZFS filesystems for RSYNC backups
- Workaround for Docker mounting rootfs on /var/lib/docker/plugins
- Added support for raid5 and dmraid
- Translation fixes
Ubuntu-based distributions (Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc)
Packages are available in Launchpad PPA for supported Ubuntu releases. Run following commands in a terminal window:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install timeshift
Other Linux Distributions
Installers are available on the GitHub page.
Run the following one-line commands in a terminal window:
cd /tmp && curl -s -L https://github.com/teejee2008/timeshift/releases/latest | egrep -o 'teejee2008/timeshift/releases/download/.*/timeshift-v[0-9.]*-amd64.run' | wget --base=http://github.com/ -i - -O timeshift-latest-amd64.run && sudo chmod a+x ./timeshift-latest-amd64.run && sudo ./timeshift-latest-amd64.run
cd /tmp && curl -s -L https://github.com/teejee2008/timeshift/releases/latest | egrep -o 'teejee2008/timeshift/releases/download/.*/timeshift-v[0-9.]*-i386.run' | wget --base=http://github.com/ -i - -O timeshift-latest-i386.run && sudo chmod a+x ./timeshift-latest-i386.run && sudo ./timeshift-latest-i386.run
Timeshift is a non-commercial application. If you wish to support this project, you can make a donation for $10 or more via PayPal. Your contributions will help keep the project alive and support future development.
PayPal ~ If you find this application useful and wish to say thanks, you can buy me a coffee by making a donation with PayPal.
Patreon ~ You can also sign up as a sponsor on Patreon.com