Ukuu v18.1 is now available.
Syntax: ukuu <command> [options]
--list-installed List installed kernels
--install-latest Install latest mainline kernel
--install-point Install latest point update for current series
--purge-old-kernels Remove installed kernels older than running kernel
--install-latest installs the latest available mainline kernel.
--install-point installs the latest available point update for the same kernel series as currently running kernel.
These two commands can be used in admin scripts for installing the latest kernel updates.
--list-installed displays installed kernels – both official kernels as well as mainline kernels.
--purge-old-kernels uninstalls kernels older than the running kernel. A list of kernels to be uninstalled will be displayed for confirmation. Please review the list carefully before you proceed.
- A button was added to the Main Window for removing older kernels
- A 5-second timeout was added for the internet connectivity test.
- Console: Progress bar will be displayed in terminal while refreshing the index
- Fixed an issue where Gtk app would freeze if command-line app is started first after installation
- Added Croation translation by gogo.
This application is only for Ubuntu-based distributions. Packages are available in Launchpad PPA for current Ubuntu releases.
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ukuu
Binary installers are available on the Releases page. Download the installer and execute from terminal window:
sudo sh ./ukuu*amd64.run # 64-bit
sudo sh ./ukuu*i386.run # 32-bit
PayPal ~ If you find this application useful and wish to say thanks, you can buy me a coffee by making a donation with PayPal.